Teeth and mouth are the organs that help us to enter food and drink into the body. Teeth with assisted by the tongue serve to chew food before entering into the stomach. Teeth and mouth can be a source of bacteria if you are not able to treat and clean it properly. Not only does it cause bad breath, poor dental hygiene can also cause tooth decay and gum, increase the risk of heart disease, and various other diseases. Very horrible is not it? Therefore, keeping dental and oral hygiene is very important to be done by everyone, including you.
How to Maintain Good Dental and Oral Health to Avoid from Disease?
Here are some tips to help maintain oral health:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day, during the morning after breakfast and at night before bed.
- Replace toothbrush every 2-3 months so bristles used are not damaged and bloom.
- Choose a brush type of brush and a brush head that can reach all parts of the tooth.
- Clean the tongue by brushing it slowly.
- Expand the consumption of water, especially after eating.
- Gargle with antiseptic fluid after brushing your teeth.
- Clean dental plaque using dental floss.
- Consumption of fresh fruits.
- Stay away from the habit of eating foods with high sugar content.
- Choose toothpaste containing fluoride
- Chew sugar chewing gum to help lift the particles that stick to the teeth.
Well, that’s 11 ways you can do to maintain cleanliness and oral and dental health. By doing the 11 ways above, it can avoid the unwanted mouth and avoid tooth decay effect bacteria and food remnants are nested in the teeth. In addition to doing these 11 things, you can also consult with a doctor at least every 6 months. That way, then you can know exactly how your actual tooth and mouth conditions so that if there is a problem can be immediately in follow up as soon as possible.